Arc & Stones Q&A
1. Introduce yourself and say your role in the band.
JD: I’m Joey Doino and I’m the drummer.
EB: I’m Eddy Bayes and I’m the Bassist.
BC: I’m Ben Cramer and I’m the lead guitar player.
DP: I’m Dan Pellarin and I am the lead singer.
2. Where’d you come up with the name “Arc & Stones?”
DP: The name is a metaphor for Rock & Roll. It symbolizes the foundations we stand on, the message we’re trying to send, and the energy behind that movement. We are in a way, an old soul meeting a new sound.
3. Where do you find the inspiration to write your songs?
JD: They’re very spur of the moment. Someone comes in with an idea or is playing something before we start rehearsing and we all kinda join in, throw some ideas around and before we know it, we have a new song.
EB: Its exciting as we have so many unfinished ideas that I know we want to get too, yet every-time we get together we always seem to add a new one, I guess we can never have too many.
BC: Fleetwood Mac.
DP: It’s finding the precise connection between the person who presents the idea and the ideas everyone else formulates around it. We try and take an open mind into every idea, which adds to the uniqueness of our sound. We all have different musical backgrounds, so the culmination of all those mental atmospheres coming into one sound, creates a very different character for each song, but a cohesive and signature sound to each one as well.
4. What’s your favorite song to play at shows?
JD: I love playing “Wanted.” It’s got a fun groove in the verses and really wails in the chorus’.
DP: I’m gonna have to say “Walkin’ In.” It puts me into an element that I find so much joy in.
EB: I always say “Sweet and Vicious,” makes me bob my head.
BC: “Sweet & Vicious.”
5. What state or country would you like to play in that you haven’t before?
JD: I’d love to go play in England. I’ve never been and I think it’d be a blast.
DP: I would love to play in Australia.
6. What’s the hardest part about touring and being out on the road?
JD: Eating healthy. There’s fast food everywhere so finding food that’s good for you is a little tough.
DP: Understanding that there are far worse things you could be doing than being in a van for 17+ hours at a time.
7. If you could have anything happen at one of your shows, what would it be?
EB: Gaining the ability to fly mid song and just floating around for no apparent reason.
DP: Get a second to drink some damn water!
8. How do you go about choosing what songs to put on your setlist?
EB: Usually in rehearsal we stumble upon a natural flow for our songs, then we get to talking about the set list its pretty much already built itself. We just debate a few changes, sometimes a heated one, and then we are good to go.
9. If you had to marry another band, who would it be and why?
EB: Fleetwood Mac and I think the reasons are obvious.
10. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
BC: Fleetwood Mac