One Days Notice Q&A
Jesea Lee (guitarist/backing vocals) from One Days Notice
1. Where did you draw inspiration for When Dinosaurs Get Drunk?
The album is really a collection of fun party songs with a little of serious subject matter occasionally, which is basically how our lives are. We got a lot of inspiration from just living our lives to the absolute fullest.
2. What do you think the latest album says about the band?
It says exactly what we are all about. Fun, catchy songs about boozin and girls.
3. Why did you choose to name the album When Dinosaurs Get Drunk?
It’s actually a reference to an old Simpsons episode (check it out here). Again, we wanted the title to represent a good time and nothing is having a better time than a drunk dinosaur.
4. What band(s) do you dream of touring with and why?
Some old skool punk bands would be awesome. Some bands that could really hang with us. I think the tour that’s happening soon with The Offspring, Pennywise, Bad Religion, and The Vandals would be amazing.
5. What did you have in mind writing “Coming Home?”
Our vocalist Chris Bassitt used to split his time between living in America and Ireland, so the lyrics are definitely autobiographical.
6. When did you all realize you had a talent for what you do in the band?
I started playing when I was 12. I tried singing first and everyone told me I sucked so I switched to guitar. Then I got older and realized you’re allowed to suck at singing, so I started doing that again.
7. What kind of feedback have you gotten from your families?
Our families have been absolutely incredible throughout our careers. They really support what we do (probably because they know we’d be really bad at normal jobs).
8. Drink of choice?
Keystone Light 4 lyfe.
9. What other hobbies do you guys have besides drinking and peeing on stuff (Found here)?
Golfing, working out, going to concerts, deep frying the crap out of everything.
10. What do you have in store for the future of the band?
We are currently writing a new album that is gonna be even punkier and drunkier than the last. We also plan to do some light touring this summer.
Also, be sure to check out their newest lyric video for their song “Call the Cops”