1. Introduce yourself with your name and a fun fact about yourself.
Hey, my name is Hellowonderful! and I’m addicted to coffee and bacon.
2. Where do you find inspiration for your music?
I find inspiration in my experiences with love. Either things I’ve been through with girls I’ve dated, feelings about girls I’m into or my “dream girl.”
3. How would you describe your music to someone who hasn’t listened to you before?
I’d tell them that my music is like rap, mixed with acoustic pop and rock. Something different but you have no choice but to dig it.
4. What is your writing process like?
It’s different every time. Sometime I just write something and go to my guitarist and tell him what I think sounds right with the lyrics. Sometimes I make up the guitar part first and write lyrics along with it.
5. What’s the music scene like in Virginia?
It’s a lot of rap, metal and some pop punk. It kind of depends on where you go. My type of music isn’t common at all around here, but it fits in everywhere.
6. Which of your songs is your favorite and why?
I have this song on my new record called “Oklahoma” that I really dig. It’s because it’s just a fun song and it’s about two kids in love, something we all can relate to.
7. If you could tour with anyone, who would it be?
It would be Plug In Stereo. Huge fan of his music, I think we attract the same type of crowd so the shows would be wild.
8. If you could have anything happen at one of your shows, what would it be?
I would want to bring a female fan on stage and sing to her. May sound cheesy, but it would probably make her day.
9. What do you want people to get out of your music?
I want them to see that it’s okay to be a little different and to always love.
10. What can people expect from you in the future?
I’m releasing my new EP “Sleeping With Dinosaurs” very soon! Can’t wait for everyone to hear it. Then in April 2013, I’ll be on tour, so I can’t wait to see my fans and make new ones.