Halfway To Hollywood Interview
1. Introduce yourself with your name and a fun fact about yourself.
I’m Brenden and I play bass in Halfway to Hollywood. My favourite thing in this world is pizza.
2. When did you begin making music and how did you guys meet?
I started playing bass around four years ago. I met Grant at school and we shared similar music tastes and decided we wanted to form a band. After making a few demos we found Roman and the rest is history!
3. Where do you draw inspiration from and which artists have had the most influence on your writing?
We draw inspiration from a lot of sources when writing songs, be it books we’ve read, stories we’ve heard etc. A few major influences for us when we started this band were the Friday Night Boys, Stereo Skyline, All Time Low, Hedley and Marianas Trench! It’s hard to say who’s had the most influence on our writing as anytime we try and write a song like a particular group it always seems to come out sounding completely different!
4. Is there anything specific you do before a show?
Drink an energy drink and run around for an hour in a caffeine induced panic attack. Then group huddle, slap each other, get stoked and play!
5. If you were to headline a tour, which artists would you like to open for you?
Oh boy! I don’t think we’re quite at the point of headlining a big tour yet but we’d love to open for a band like Hedley, Marianas Trench or These Kids Wear Crowns!
6. What has been the most difficult obstacle for you to overcome as a band and how did you do it?
Finding the right members was really difficult as it takes a lot more than simply showing up for practice. There is a LOT of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that requires a tremendous amount of work. Also coming up with the money to finance this project has been difficult as we are 100% independent!
7. If you could have anything happen at a show of yours what would you want it to be?
Honestly? I’d want everyone who came to have a great time, hopefully make a new friend and leave happy!
8. Which one of you is most likely to get caught in an awkward situation on stage?
Well I’m not sure who’s most likely but last week at a show as I was running on stage during our intro I nearly fell on my face twice after tripping over some cables, haha!
9. If you had to assign roles to each other who would be the mother/father/son etc.?
Im the mother, Grant the father and Roman is the son.
10. What do you have planned for the future?
Well we are releasing our EP in hardcopy form on March 29th, and then hitting the road on April 12th! Just more touring, writing and meeting all of our lovely fans! Thanks so much!
UPCOMING DATES FOR THE PARTY LIKE ITS PROM NIGHT TOUR!
March 29-Vancouver-Tom Lee
April 13-Edmonton-The Studio
April 14-Calgary-the New Black
April 18- Regina-The Club
April 19-Winnipeg- Ellice Theatre
April 23-Oshawa-The Atria
April 24-London- Norma Jeans
April 25-Kitchener-The L Lounge
April 26-Brampton-All Stars
April 27-Toronto-The Smiling Buddha
April 28-Kingston-Time to Laugh
May 2-Montreal-Piranha Bar
ALL SHOWS ALL AGES