Never Shout Never Q&A
1) What goes through your mind when your fans tell you you’re the most inspiring person in their life?
Anyone that would say that is the reason I write.
2) What was the inspiration behind your song Big City Dreams?
I wrote that song when I was sixteen and dropping out of high school in search of bigger things than Joplin, MO. It was a musical jumble of feeling free but also feeling torn up about leaving.
3) Do you prefer being a vegan or vegetarian? Or the raw-food diet?
Preferably I eat raw-vegan. Although I do enjoy outrageously spicy vegan curries.
4) How do you feel when someone tells you that your music has saved/impacted their life?
It is an inspiring feeling for me. Motivates me to keep on trucking!
5) What made you kick your old habits and change your life around from your crazy past?
I just think its all part of growing up a little bit. I want to live a long and happy life.
6) What is the songwriting process like for you guys? Lyrics first, melody first?
They come at the same time most of the time.
7) What does the word “music” mean to you?
8) What is the most meaningful song to you that you’ve written?
“Hazel Eyez” is the most meaningful and relevant song to where I am at right now.
9) You’ve said that you’ve already started writing for the next album, do you have any idea of what sound it will be?
The sound will be very simplistic and natural without loosing a solid, sometimes danceable rhythm. All real instruments no vocal editing.
10) How do you respond to hate?
I reject negativity.
11) Do you have any man-crushes?
12) How do you handle stress or anxiety or just feeling sad? Any advice?
Deep meditation, fresh air, and enough sun can get rid of any of those negative feelings.
13) What are your musical goals for the future?
My main goal, if god willing, is to be making music into my eldest years.
14) Do you love what you do?
Yes, there are so many sides to music and it feels like a limitless art.
15) If you weren’t in the music industry, what would you be doing?